Connect with Cree Lighting – July 31st
Join the Cree Lighting Project Management Team on Wednesday, July 31 at the Lightology Showroom to learn the latest on new Cree products and technology plus a CEU session, with food and drinks included.
Be there to witness the Chicago debut of Cree Lighting’s latest indoor solution, the Cadiant™ Dynamic Skylight, and new outdoor solutions like the Noctura™ Series.
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Arrival/Lunch
12 p.m. – 1.p.m.: CEU Session – Light, Color and Improved Color Quality Possibilities with LED
1 p.m. – 2 p.m.: Cree Product & Technology Update
3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: CEU Session – Smart Buildings – Integrating PoE with the IoT
4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.: Cree Technology Update
5:30 p.m.: Happy Hour
CEU #1: Light, Color and Improved Color Quality Possibilities with LED
Through the ongoing advancements of LED technology, the possibility to provide improved color quality performance and value to the application space has never been greater. This presentation will address the aspects of color science and the basics of the human visual system. Included will be a review of the most widely adopted methods and metrics for describing all aspects of color quality and performance, for general illumination solutions. Examples illustrating the current and future possibilities for accurately predicting color quality performance and value in the general illumination space will be discussed, including the metrics incorporated in IES TM-30.
• Exploring light in nature and man-made light.
• Evaluate the various and most widely used methods for describing color performance.
• Describe the challenges in accurately quantifying color quality.
• Understand IES TM-30 and the possibility it provides for more accurately predicting color quality/performance, in the application space.
CEU #2: Smart Buildings – Integrating PoE with the IoT
The purpose of this course is to provide a better understanding of how the Internet of Things (IoT) and Power over Ethernet (PoE) have and will continue to change our world in increasing ways. This course will look at practical applications, as well as current trends that lead to smarter buildings that enhance the user experience, provide access to “Big Data” and analytics, all while saving significant energy.
• Understand the Internet of Things (IoT) and its practical importance.
• Evaluate Power over Ethernet (PoE) and its increasing role in the spaces we create.
• Describe the difference between energy efficient buildings versus truly smart buildings that go well beyond energy savings.
• Identify real-world examples in use today, as well as likely future trends.